PowerShell can't connect to a CRM Instance RRS feed

• Question

• So I have a CRM server that I'm trying to connect to with PowerShell, but I keep getting the below error.

Get-CrmOrganization : Unable to connect to the remote server At line:1 char:20 + Get-CrmOrganization <<<< + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-CrmOrganization], WebException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Net.WebException,Microsoft.Crm.PowerShell.GetCrmOrganizationCmdlet

I'm running Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Crm.PowerShell of course, and this works on other CRM instances in their organization. This is on UR5 and they have the SQL server separate from the Front-end, but that's pretty-much it.  Also, they are using SSL, have a wildcard cert, and resolve to a FQDN, but aren't using ADFS or IFD currently.  I would change these things to test, but it's their production system that's having this issue.

Any suggestions?

[EDIT] Also, I have tried this from an elevated instance of PowerShell, and without. I'm doing this from the CRM server itself.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:19 PM

Answers

• Just an FYI for anyone that comes up with this, we had incorrect IIS bindings that PowerShell couldn't traverse.  Removing them and keeping just the one valid binding resolved the issue.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by Wayne Walton Friday, April 27, 2012 1:50 PM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 1:50 PM