OneCare Backup to Carbonite RRS feed

• Question

•  

I use Carbonite, which is an online service that backs up and stores all of my files from my laptop. It works great.

My issue is that Windows Live OneCare keeps reminding me to back up my files, which I have accomplished with Carbonite.  How do I let OneCare know that backup is accomplished, so I can avoid getting those message reminders?

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:35 PM

Answers

•  

You can disable Onecare Backup by following these steps:

Method 1: You have not configured the Backup feature

If you have not configured the Backup feature in Windows Live OneCare, follow these steps to turn off the Backup feature:

1. Start Windows Live OneCare.
    2. Under Quick links, click Change settings.
    3. On the Backup tab, click Configure backup, and then click Next.
    4. Click to select the Turn off backup on this PC check box, click Next, and then click Save.

Method 2: You have previously configured the Backup feature

If you have previously configured the Backup feature in Windows Live OneCare, follow these steps to turn off the Backup feature:

3. On the Backup tab, click Configure backup, and then click Change settings.
    4. Click the computer where you want to turn off the Backup feature, click to select the Turn off backup on this PC check box, click Next, and then click Save.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:42 PM

All replies

•  

You can disable Onecare Backup by following these steps:

Method 1: You have not configured the Backup feature

If you have not configured the Backup feature in Windows Live OneCare, follow these steps to turn off the Backup feature:

3. On the Backup tab, click Configure backup, and then click Next.
    4. Click to select the Turn off backup on this PC check box, click Next, and then click Save.

Method 2: You have previously configured the Backup feature

If you have previously configured the Backup feature in Windows Live OneCare, follow these steps to turn off the Backup feature:

3. On the Backup tab, click Configure backup, and then click Change settings.
    4. Click the computer where you want to turn off the Backup feature, click to select the Turn off backup on this PC check box, click Next, and then click Save.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:42 PM
  • Thanks.  This worked.  Now I have the OneCare "green light." 

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:00 PM
  • Nice to hear it worked!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:20 PM
  • Great advice, worked like a charm.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 12:30 AM