Database Updating Problem RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hai to All

I am preparing a desktop application in Visual Basic 2005 with SQL Server 2005(working with Local Database). Regarding application, my client wants to install the same application in office and also in his laptop to work at home. It means the database is installed into two different locations. If any new records are inserted from multiple tables in desktop, then how can i update the data in the laptop, and vice-versa.

My client wants if he work in his laptop at home and bring back the database in his USB. then how can i update the data in the desktop. Even i want to check whether new records has been added in USB database.

Please give me solution for my problem. If possible, please write a code for me.

Is there any possible solution directly  with SQL Server 2005 alone?

I am eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

Yours

Kashif Chotu

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 9:37 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Saturday, November 24, 2007 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Kashif,

Based on your description, I think you could do that with Sync Services:

1- Let the desktop DB be the server

2- Use SQL CE as client db on the laptops

3- SQL CE db can be copied from the laptop to USB and then used to sync with the desktop as long as the same client ID is preserved which is easy since you can supply the GUID to the client sync provider object and thus you can maintain same id on the laptop and when you use USB

Thanks 

Monday, November 26, 2007 3:06 AM
  • Hi Rafik,

Can you eloborate in detail or can you give me a valuable resource about SQL CE.

If possible wirte the solution in detail.

Thanks.

Regards

Kashif Chotu

Monday, November 26, 2007 5:53 AM