weird problem with MS Dynamics CRM E-mail Router Configuration Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router Configuration Manager program item won't start / appear!

Microsoft CRM Email Router Windows OS service is started.

Late last week, used the Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router Configuration Manager to configure the incoming and outgoing mail profiles and publish that ... worked fine.

Now, when I log into machine as an account that is in local Administrators group (same account that did the CRM Email router installation and configuration), I click the program item.  Windows OS gives me the UAC popup and I click [Yes] button.  Then ... nothing.  The program never appears.  It's weird.  I don't see it in Task Manager.  I don't see any errors in Event Viewer.  I temporarily disabled on-access scan (McAfee) ...

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.  I wonder if a recent security update might have caused this problem ... ?

any advice appreciated

Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:16 PM

All replies

• Did you ever get an answer?  Because I have the EXACT same issue.
    Friday, July 19, 2013 12:08 PM
  • I have had this same issue. I stopped the email router service then launched the Config Manager and then it would pull up. then you can turn the service back on.

This started sometime in the UR 13 time frame.

• Proposed as answer by JMart069 Friday, July 19, 2013 3:24 PM
    Friday, July 19, 2013 3:23 PM
  • Thank you.  I figured it out, but ChrisDodgson1's answer was exactly the behavior that I was seeing.
    Friday, July 19, 2013 3:25 PM