reinstalled vista activation problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HP laptop with pre-installed vista home premium, witch doesn;t require activation(something like OEM...)

I installed my old xp proffesional because i was more familiar...then i decided to go back to vista but the integrated recovery manager of HP(restores the pre-installed oem vista) didn't work.....so i used a vista ultimate installasion dvd from a friend

i installed  vista home premium with the serial that is on a sticker under the laptop, but when i am trying to activate, it simply refuses and gives me some other options...by phone-change serial etc

can someone please help...i bieleve i still have the right to activate my copy with the serial provided on the sticker under the laptop dispite the fact i used an other installation disk besides the integrated HP recovery

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 9:03 AM

Answers

• You can activate by phone in whatever country you happen to be in (though the voice prompts will be localized for that country).  It wouldn't be a bad idea to try the download in the link you posted.  If it doesn't work, please contact HP.  They're responsible for providing you with support.   Thanks!
    Friday, May 18, 2007 12:07 AM

All replies

• Turbobss,

So what happened when you selected the choice to Activate by Telephone?

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 2:14 PM
  •  

is isn't very easy at the moment to make an internatinal call, i'm trying to avoid that

i just found this, i think it can work, has someone tried it?

please give some info, i don't want to do anything stupid

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B931573&x=10&y=15

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 3:33 PM
  • You can activate by phone in whatever country you happen to be in (though the voice prompts will be localized for that country).  It wouldn't be a bad idea to try the download in the link you posted.  If it doesn't work, please contact HP.  They're responsible for providing you with support.   Thanks!
    Friday, May 18, 2007 12:07 AM
  • thanks i will try both
    Friday, May 18, 2007 6:49 AM