call a plugin on send/receive of a email activity. RRS feed

• Question

• hi

I have plugin to validate the email address(from, to, cc, bcc). It should check when a email will receive or send. so what might be the solution. plz help me.

microsoft blog

Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can write your plugin on Create Send of email.

You can read the fields value and write business logic.

http://complexitykills.blogspot.in/2012/04/crm-4-or-crm-2011-change-recipient.html

Thanks!

Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:19 PM
  • Hi

You can use the Send Message for Email Activity to trap this event.

Generally Data validation are done on UI. This can be acheived using Javascript Code.

Plenty of code available on net.

Cheers

Dkay

if the response answered your question, please take a minute and mark the response as an answer.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:22 PM
  • As Dkay suggested you can do the email address validation at the UI level. However, if there is something specific (specially on receiving email) then you can do that in plugin as well.

1. You will need to register the plugins in the Pre-event as you are trying to perform some validation.

2. For the incoming emails, there are certain messages like CheckIncoming, CheckPromote, DeliverIncoming, DeliverPromote & Create that you may need to register for.

3. For outgoing emails you can use the Send message.

You can get the complete list of plugin messages from this post. These messages are not amongst the frequently used and I'm not sure of any limitations on these. Pls test the plugins on all possible scenarios.

Hope this helps!

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:42 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:39 PM