Passing parameters from SharePoint 3.0 to CRM 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to integrate SharePoint and CRM, I need to pass parameters from SharePoint to CRM to create a Case Entity using the customerid, and/or SalesOrder number and/or Job (custom Entity) ids.  What is the URL format I should be using, where can I find information on this type of process?

Al Pemberton

Monday, August 13, 2007 4:29 PM

Answers

• You cannot pass these parameters on a query string to CRM without writing some code. You have 2 options:

1. Launch the CRM case form (see http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa685801.aspx for the URL) and use client script in either the CRM or SharePoint page to set the CRM field values
    2. Write an ASP.Net page that takes the parameters you want, creates an instance of the case entity using the CRM web service, then redirects to the Case form for the new case
    Monday, August 13, 2007 6:27 PM

All replies

• You cannot pass these parameters on a query string to CRM without writing some code. You have 2 options:

1. Launch the CRM case form (see http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa685801.aspx for the URL) and use client script in either the CRM or SharePoint page to set the CRM field values
    2. Write an ASP.Net page that takes the parameters you want, creates an instance of the case entity using the CRM web service, then redirects to the Case form for the new case
    Monday, August 13, 2007 6:27 PM
  • I understand the url string to edit or create a form but in looking at the url when CRM opens a form I see parameters such as _CreateFromType=28, can I set these as the parameters WSS will pass to the CRM URL, and if so where are they documented?

Monday, August 13, 2007 8:18 PM
  • Unforunately these parameters aren't documented, and so officially have to count as unsupported.

If you do want to use them, the _CreateFromType parameter refers to the object type code, which you can find in the CRM Metadata. Your best bet is to use the IIS logs to capture what CRM uses

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:50 AM