How do I remove the search box on IE 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently updated IE to IE8, and discovered tons of junk on the tool bar.  I managed to get rid of most of it, but I have not discovered a way to get rid of the search box on the right.  How do I get rid of that?  I don't like it, and don't use it.  As it is, I only use IE when I have no other choice -- I do not like it and never have -- and doubt I ever will.  I like it even less now, with that unnecessary search box taking up space.  I have Google as my homepage, and I use that to search the internet.

I noticed today that there is no Home button, to take me back to my homepage.  Where did that go?  You added garbage and deleted the stuff that people use?  

• Moved by Mike Kinsman Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:18 PM off topic (From:MSDN Subscriptions Feedback)
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:52 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately your post is off topic here, in the MSDN Subscriptions forum, because it is not regarding the MSDN Subscription.

For technical questions, one great source of info is http://answers.microsoft.com, which has sections for Windows, Office, IE, and a few others.   

You can also do a websearch for "remove search box on IE8" and "IE8 Home Button" to help you with these concerns.

Please review the topic of the forum you’re posting in before posting your question.  Moving your post to the off topic forum.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:18 PM