WINDOWS UNZIP FROM COMMAND LINE RRS feed

• Question

• HI,  how can I use the Windows Explorer Unziper from command line? maybe some explorer options? thank you

Student at University Politehnica Timisoara Computer Science
    • Moved by nobugz Tuesday, September 2, 2008 11:39 AM it isn't (Moved from Visual C# General to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 8:41 AM

Answers

• Is that a C# question?

Mattias, C# MVP
    • Marked as answer by Marius F Tuesday, September 2, 2008 12:16 PM
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 11:34 AM

All replies

• Is that a C# question?

Mattias, C# MVP
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 11:34 AM
  • I don't like when "big brain" people respond to my question with another question. I was expecting this kind of replay. The problem is I don't know whats the best topic for this question. Thank you Mattias it helped a lot.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 12:03 PM
  • I don't like when "big brain" people respond to my question with another question. I was expecting this kind of replay. The problem is I don't know whats the best topic for this question. Thank you Mattias it helped a lot.

That was an odd response.  That poster may have a great hammer so approaches every issue like its a nail.  Here is my response to similar questions.  I haven't found a single point and click unzip but something may work from what I have found.  I was really looking for a command line 'zipping' option using native windows commands but did run across an unzip option.  I'll just repeat the last portion of my post and you can see for yourself.

Here is a great link that shows how to zip a file using windows native commands.

http://superuser.com/questions/110991/can-you-zip-a-file-from-the-command-prompt-using-only-windows-built-in-capabili

I tested it with a directory containing multiple nested files and folders and it worked perfectly.  Just follow the format of the command line.

There is also a way to unzip the files via command line which I found as well.  One way, just brings open an explorer window showing what the content of the zipped file is.  Some of these also use Java which isn't necessarily native to windows but is so common that it nearly seems so.

http://superuser.com/questions/149489/does-windows-7-have-unzip-at-the-command-line-installed-by-default

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1021557/how-to-unzip-a-file-using-the-command-line

• Edited by LostU Friday, November 15, 2013 4:28 AM
    Friday, November 15, 2013 4:26 AM