Yaho index 75000, Google 100000, MSN 750 only? RRS feed

• Question

• Ok,

continued from subject. We have built new tourist portal and replaced old one.

The thing is, Yahoo has indexed cca 75000 pages on our portal, Google around 100000 and MSN around 750 only.

I made sitemapindex with 11 sitemaps included (11 languages on site). Direct links in images excluded from sitemap, so sitemap has around 26000 links.

I uploaded that sitemap 10 days ago (approx) and google started to crawl right away, I even changed crawl rate there. Yahoo is a bit slower with that, and MSN is still showing around 750 indexed links.

It is not possible that 3 major search engines show such different results...

Site is: www.adria-island.org

Can you incresase crawl rate on our site? Take a peak there, you will se that content and site is perfect.

Thank you in advance,

Lovrenco
    • Edited by lovrenco Sunday, February 1, 2009 7:55 PM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Lovrenco,

Unfortunately, there is not much I can do from my end. Crawling and indexing is based on an algorythim. You could try updating your <changefreq> dates on your sitemaps to daily, but as we have stated in our technical documentation, submitting a sitemap does not guarantee that we will crawl or index more of your site. Please review our FAQs located at the top of the indexing and Ranking forums for more information about our crawler and what you can do to help increase your rank and indexing.

Brett

Friday, January 30, 2009 6:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Lovrenco,

Unfortunately, there is not much I can do from my end. Crawling and indexing is based on an algorythim. You could try updating your <changefreq> dates on your sitemaps to daily, but as we have stated in our technical documentation, submitting a sitemap does not guarantee that we will crawl or index more of your site. Please review our FAQs located at the top of the indexing and Ranking forums for more information about our crawler and what you can do to help increase your rank and indexing.

Brett

Friday, January 30, 2009 6:24 PM
  • Hi Brett,

Thank you for the answer, but I am not satisfied with it. We have studied SEO very much, because that is essential in our business. Site is optimised very well and results on other two search engines shows that fact. It seems to me this is MSN-s problem, nor ours. I suggest that you test crawling of MSN on www.adria-island.org and then report your findings here. I am confident in what I say because if MSN doesnt crawl orur site and it doesnt index many pages, then you have problem with your search engine.

Our site is present on Web past 5 years, with great number of links and content and situation that MSN has indexed only 750 links is concerning....

To tell the truth, we are prepared to invest in sponsored search on MSN like we do on Google, but there we have near 100000 indexed links available for organic search, so we see that Google is indexing our site well. If we have only 750 indexed pages on MSN after 5 years of existance, we have every right to be concerned.....

Best regards,
    Lovrenco
    Sunday, February 1, 2009 7:54 PM