Misc. questions regarding MUI installation of CRM on RDS-Server RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I´m currently setting up a new RDS Server, which will be the base for my XenApp Farm. As there will be people from UK, US, AT and PL
    working on it, it certainly needs to be MUI. The Base is working fine - OS language and Office language changes fine. But I have to
    change the language of the CRM Outlook Plugin by hand, which is annoying and daunting for me and my user. Also, I would like to make
    it as close to perfect as possible, so my users shouldn´t have anything to complain.

My questions now are:
    - Is there a way that CRM Plugin changes it´s language according to the systems/users base language?
    - Is there a way to automagically configure it when the user logs in the first time? It would save me a lot of time and hassle.

Also, I´m a little bit confused about the updates. I´ve installed CRM client in English, and I need to apply the language packs. I tried to
    install the amd64 and i386 package, both are working. Which one is right (Outlook Plugin, not the server)?

Thanks in advance for any hints, tips, advices....

Regards
    Johannes

Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Johannes,

Answering your question,

• It is not possible to change the CRM language based on the system's base language rather, it is a one-time-setting which has to set on a user level for every user (Inside your outlook plugin) - CRM - > File - > Options - > Language - User Language.

And regarding updates, 

You need to apply the rollup (updates) Client rollup on the client machine and the MUI package (which is for the language pack you've installed).

Server rollup has to be installed only on the server.

And, if your machine is 64 bit, you have download and install the amd64 package or if it is a 32 bit system, i386 package has to be installed.

--------------------------------------

Cheers, Francis Edwin

My Blog: http://astutecrm.wordpress.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/astutecrm

• Edited by Edwin2win Friday, November 25, 2011 9:52 AM
    Friday, November 25, 2011 9:51 AM