Map Network Drives Always Shows Full RRS feed

• Question

• This is driving me insane! I keep mapping the Videos share to my MediaCenter. Once mapped; the mapped drive shows as full which means WMC can't copy files over.

What am I doing wrong? Also, I have tried all the other shares with the same results. I have over a 1T of free space on the homeserver.

THanks for any help!
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 3:34 PM

All replies

• graphfixz.com said:

This is driving me insane! I keep mapping the Videos share to my MediaCenter. Once mapped; the mapped drive shows as full which means WMC can't copy files over.

What am I doing wrong? Also, I have tried all the other shares with the same results. I have over a 1T of space on the homeserver.

THanks for any help!

Mapped drives appearing as full in the pie chart is a known issue due to last month's update (so Vista will see more than just the primary drive in terms of free space).  However, it should still allow you to copy files to your server.  When you try to copy a file to the mapped drive, what error message do you get?
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 3:38 PM
  • it looks like the WMC can't record to it. It says it is full.
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 4:14 PM
  • graphfixz.com said:

it looks like the WMC can't record to it. It says it is full.

What if you just copy a file from your client PC to the server (instead of recording straight to the server)?
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 4:17 PM
  • it is very very slow. At this pace it looks like it will take days to copy a 9g file.
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 4:21 PM
  • graphfixz.com said:

it is very very slow. At this pace it looks like it will take days to copy a 9g file.

Have you installed all updates on the server?  What are the component numbers shown in the Console (Settings button, Resources tab)?  Has it always been "very very slow" in terms of copying files to the server?
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 4:24 PM
  • no, it wasn't always this slow. THe components numbers are 6.0.1800.0/24
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 4:41 PM
  • graphfixz.com said:

no, it wasn't always this slow. THe components numbers are 6.0.1800.0/24

You might try running chkdsk /r on each drive in the server (although that wouldn't explain the server being full).  Also, did you recently upgrade any drivers on your client or server?
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 6:21 PM