Delployment status re-initialized during installation RRS feed

• Question

• I was installing OCS server and was almost done with installation. Finished configuring and setting up digital certificate. Over the weekend we had a power outage and the Server shutdown. Now when I click on "Deploy Standard edition" It shows as if I need to start again with "Prepare Active Directory" Not sure what happened any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nasir.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 4:21 PM

Answers

• Are you able to wipe out and start over? That would be the safest and you will probably have the least amount of issues, but is often not a option. If it is an option for you, I would say do it. Re-prepping AD won't be an issue, it should come back and report that it is already done. If it doesnt say that, then just rerun it.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 3:32 PM

All replies

• Was this done on a virtual environment? Using virtual server with undo disks enabled? That is all I can think of.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 8:07 PM
  • No I am using Win 2003 SP2. I did use the same server as a CA. Teh last thing I did was assign the certificate.

Can I start again with "Prepare Active Directory" and as the installation see that things are already installed it just sets the check marks? Or would I cause more issues? Or Should I just reinstall WIN 2003 to wipe off every thing?

Thanks

Nasir,

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 8:29 PM
  • Are you able to wipe out and start over? That would be the safest and you will probably have the least amount of issues, but is often not a option. If it is an option for you, I would say do it. Re-prepping AD won't be an issue, it should come back and report that it is already done. If it doesnt say that, then just rerun it.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 3:32 PM