Saeed RRS feed

• Question

• In Windows Home server Console, I used to be able to open a shared folder but not anymore. I have not made any change and setting and the error message says access to the folder denied. I am the only user and there is only one administrator account logging into the server. Please let me know what the problem could be.

Thanks

Saeed

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:32 PM

Answers

• In Windows Home server Console, I used to be able to open a shared folder but not anymore. I have not made any change and setting and the error message says access to the folder denied. I am the only user and there is only one administrator account logging into the server. Please let me know what the problem could be.

Thanks

Saeed

Have you tried opening the shares through the Shared Folders on Server icon on your client desktop?  Is it all shares or just one?
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:44 AM

All replies

• You may need to login to the server and reset the permissions on that folder. I'm sure there's a guide here or on WeGotServed forums to show you how to do that
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:37 PM

Thanks

Saeed

Have you tried opening the shares through the Shared Folders on Server icon on your client desktop?  Is it all shares or just one?
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:44 AM