none
Microsoft Developer Network > Forums Home > Internal Server Error RRS feed

• Question

• Keep getting this error message when trying to access forums.  Need to retry multiple times to get in.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Seems to be working fine now

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:08 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:08 AM
  • Interesting! I got exactly same errors, but luckily the problem lasted for about 10-15 minutes in total and then resolved itself. Everything seems to be fine right now. 

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:36 AM
  • There was some server maintenance going on yesterday. Next time I'll be sure to post something. There shouldn't have been issues, but looks like there were some. Sorry about that.

Community Forums Program Manager

Friday, February 24, 2012 8:04 AM
    Answerer
  • There was some server maintenance going on yesterday.

I'm not sure that is it.   Ironically I just had to press F5 to see this thread to clear that error.   More server maintenance going on now?   <eg>

---

Friday, February 24, 2012 11:35 PM
  • Hi guys, all the information you can provide on how to get into that Internal Server Error will be appreciated. I know that most of the times when that happens if we repeat the steps we don’t get a repro, but letting us know what you were doing give us a hint of where to scout the code looking for unhandled exceptions.

Thank you.

Community Forums QA

Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:44 AM
  • I know that most of the times when that happens if we repeat the steps we don’t get a repro, but letting us know what you were doing give us a hint of where to scout the code looking for unhandled exceptions.

@ Eduardo

I doubt that you should have any expectation of being able to "repro" this.  It is random and intermittent.  Surely you have some logs to look at with the cues that we give you for some rough timestamps?  In my case my usual procedure is to have a thread list open and open threads from it by Middleclicking on Latest.   I have my Tab options set so Middleclick opens a new tab in the background so I don't always notice the error immediately but usually pressing F5 is sufficient to render the thread properly.  My latest report was from IE9 on W7 but now I happen to be on IE10 on W8 and haven't seen the symptom so far.  

It's possible that having a huge thread being delayed could be a factor.   E.g.  that is the only exceptional thing that I can think of which might be different from my normal routine.  E.g. there has been recent activity on Printing in IE  which you could use to simulate that factor for my case.   Note though that that is not the thread which sees the error.   It is one of the others that I would have tried opening at the same time.

If you have logs which show which threads I had opened when my userid's sessions caused the errors please send me a list and I will try to create a better recollection of the facts behind those incidents.

HTH

Robert
    ---

Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:24 AM
  •  

The Event log is what we use for tracking this kind of issues, but the info you are giving us about the possible scenario will help us to better understand how you get there.

Thanks for those tips.

Community Forums QA

Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:57 AM