Authentication with multiple sites on one code base RRS feed

• Question

• I have three sites which are all running on the same Drupal code base.  Consequently, the home directory for each site is just a sym link to the same directory.  Differences in content, appearance, and functionality are provided by a combination of the sites subdirectory and the three different databases.  With Google and Yahoo, authentication by file involves a unique file name, so it is easy enough to create three files in the same directory to provide authentication for three sites.  With Live, however, there is one file name and the authentication comes from the contents of the file.  I can, easily enough, create three files and simply copy each one to the standard name when I know I am doing an authentication, but I don't know if this will work long term.  Is it possible to combine multiple authentications within the same file?
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 12:56 AM

Answers

• That's right. Thanks for reminding me. I forgot that is a recent upgrade(won't forget again). That will work for multiple users as well. 

Brett
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:12 AM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:12 AM

All replies

• Hi tamhas,

have you tried using the meta tag option?
    Monday, March 16, 2009 10:21 PM
  • Turns out one can put multiple authentications in the same file.  Just copy the user line and put all three of them between the users tags.  Works fine.
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:32 AM
  • That's right. Thanks for reminding me. I forgot that is a recent upgrade(won't forget again). That will work for multiple users as well. 

Brett
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:12 AM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:12 AM