none
datetimepicker RRS feed

All replies

• and is there a way to resize 1 input box with out all of them wanting to resize?
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 12:07 AM
  • Hi Quarinteen,

Thanks for posting here.

What is your project type? Is it asp.net web application project?

Since this forum is to discuss the VS IDE, I have no direct solution for this issue, but I could provide you a suggestion:

>>>Just installed 2017 building an asp page. the datetimepicker is greyed out. How can I use it?You can try to use F12 developer tools to checkif there is any page elements that are disabled.

>>>and is there a way to resize 1 input box with out all of them wanting to resize?

You can  try to use the CSS selector to set the style.

If above has no help to you, and you project type is asp.net, we suggest that you can submit you question to asp.net forum, More community members and MVP on that forum may further look at your issue and provide more suggestions. If you question is not related to asp.net, please share more info about it. we will follow it.

Hope this can help you.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 3:00 AM
  • how do i get to the css selector?
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 5:24 PM
  • @Quarinteen, I have create a demo for the CSS selector, you can check it below:

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head runat="server">
        <title></title>
        <style type="text/css">
            .txt {
                width: 200px ;
            }
            .txt:nth-of-type(3) {
                width:100px !important;
            }
        </style>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
            <div>
                <input id="Text1" type="text" class="txt" /><br />
                <input id="Text2" type="text" class="txt" /><br />
                <input id="Text3" type="text" class="txt" /><br />
                <input id="Text4" type="text" class="txt" /><br />
                <input id="Text5" type="text" class="txt" /><br />
            </div>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html> 

You will noticed that the CSS selector: .txt:nth-of-type(3), the Specify width for fourth element is 100px. You can refer to the CSS Selector for detail.

Note: If above answer resolve your question, you can mark it as answer, so it could help other community members who get the same issues. If not, you can submit you question with more detail info, and if you are working with web application, you can submit you issue to Asp.net forum.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 6:53 AM
  • I am getting an error. I created a new project and the default.aspx I just deleted what was there and I am using that as my main page. Thats where I have the input boxes.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls.

Source Error: 
    Line 1:  
    Line 2:      <style type="text/css">
    Line 3:          .txt {
    Line 4:              width: 200px ;

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 8:03 PM
  • @Quarinteen, Since you are using the default.aspx as your main page,  you should set the

<style type="text/css">
            .txt {
                width: 200px;
            }

in the BodyContent:

<asp:Content ID="BodyContent" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent" runat="server">
            <style type="text/css">
            .txt {
                width: 200px;
            }

.txt:nth-of-type(3) {
                    width: 100px !important;
                }
        </style>
        <div>
            <input id="Text1" type="text" class="txt" /><br />
            <input id="Text2" type="text" class="txt" /><br />
            <input id="Text3" type="text" class="txt" /><br />
            <input id="Text4" type="text" class="txt" /><br />
            <input id="Text5" type="text" class="txt" /><br />
        </div> 
    </asp:Content> 

Thursday, June 1, 2017 4:13 AM
  • @Quarinteen, any update for this issue? Does the answer resolve your question? If yes, you could mark it as answer, so it could help other community members who get the same issues. easier to find the answer. If not, please let us to know the latest status for this issue.

Monday, June 5, 2017 6:07 AM