CANNOT ACTIVATE PLEASE HELP RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello all,

As noted i have tried to activate...Howver i am always directed to getlive.com

I have live services already and have changed  my IE language to English (UK)GB

Can someone please help? I find this very annoying even though i work for MS UK (t-alexas) my self...Thank you.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 12:33 PM

Answers

• Yes, that would not be good news. However, the copy you have installed will function in trial mode for 90 days and can be activated later *after* you have activated your subscription when connected to the Internet in the UK or other country where OneCare is sold.

I assume that you plan to use one of your licenses on the PC in Greece. If you are returning to the UK within 90 days, when in the UK, sign in at http://onecare.live.com/activate and use the PIN to activate the subscription. After you create the subscription, the copy in Greece can be activated with the same LiveID and password.

Alternatively, is there any way for you to VPN back to the UK office and activate via the URL remotely?

The unsupported workaround is for you to contact someone back in the UK and have them create the subscription with your LiveID and password and PIN (or a new LiveID created specifically for this purpose) at the above URL. Change the password of the LiveID after you've confirmed that the subscription has been created by your trusted contact and then proceed with activation on the PC in Greece.

-steve

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:46 PM

All replies

• Alex, where are you physically located? Your IE language must be set to the proper language for the physical location in order to activate a new subscription *and* OneCare must be available for sale in the country where you are physically located (or where Microsoft thinks you are based on the IP address).

-steve

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 2:48 PM
  • Hello Steve,

I am currently physically in Greece. MS UK provided us with Gift packs for OneCare so i installed it on my PC in Greece for my family. My setttings are all set to UK though....

Does this mean i cannot activate OneCare in Greece yet? That is not good news Sad

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 3:41 PM
  • Yes, that would not be good news. However, the copy you have installed will function in trial mode for 90 days and can be activated later *after* you have activated your subscription when connected to the Internet in the UK or other country where OneCare is sold.

I assume that you plan to use one of your licenses on the PC in Greece. If you are returning to the UK within 90 days, when in the UK, sign in at http://onecare.live.com/activate and use the PIN to activate the subscription. After you create the subscription, the copy in Greece can be activated with the same LiveID and password.

Alternatively, is there any way for you to VPN back to the UK office and activate via the URL remotely?

The unsupported workaround is for you to contact someone back in the UK and have them create the subscription with your LiveID and password and PIN (or a new LiveID created specifically for this purpose) at the above URL. Change the password of the LiveID after you've confirmed that the subscription has been created by your trusted contact and then proceed with activation on the PC in Greece.

-steve

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:46 PM
  • ok that seems a solution!

I am back in the UK working on the 2nd of January so that will be fine! thanks a lot! Have a good xmas

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 6:01 PM
  • Excellent and the same to you. Enjoy the time with your family.

-steve

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 6:10 PM