2.0 Automated Update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have yet to receive the automated update to Windows Live OneCare 2.0. Im currently running 1.6.2111.30, with my virus and spyware definition being 1.23.5791.0. I have had Windows Live OneCare for close to two years now (well i can remember updating to 1.5, however long ago that was! hehe) and I am happy to report that my experience of onecare up until this point has been excellent. I am aware that the update is being done on a gradual basis so as not to overload the support systems, and that it was postponed over Christmas in order to iron out a few problems that had appeared but I was under the belief it had started up again - yet still no update. Any information regarding the update would be gratefully received - I really dont want to unistall OneCare and reinstall 2.0 because from past experiences this can get messy!

Tim 

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:33 PM

Answers

•  Anonymous556037 wrote:

Both are on the same subscription. The one that did not update was installed when One Care first came out (probably 1.0) and the other was installed about a year ago. Never had any problems period.

Thanks,

Don

In your case, Don, you may have a problem inherited from that early installation where it won't upgrade due to some internal settings being out of whack. I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling on that PC and then activating with your subscription LiveID.

-steve

Thursday, January 24, 2008 8:18 PM

All replies

• As far as I know, 2.0 has been staged to all users of 1.6.

What happens when you open OneCare and select "Check for Updates?"

-steve

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:41 PM
  • Hey,

The first pop up states ' Windows Live OneCare is checking for updates.'

The second pop up states 'Windows Live OneCare is up to date.'

Well it definately hasn't been staged to me heh. I'm a paid subscriber so I really dont know why I have been missed out. Im in the UK - if that makes a difference? Any thoughts how I can get the update?

Thanks for the quick response.

Tim

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:48 PM
  • There's no way to force the update beyond what you just tried. Being in the UK should not be an issue. Let me see if I can get confirmation that it has been staged to everyone at this point.

-steve

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:14 PM
  • Has there been any progress on this issue? How could I have been missed out? Not knowing how the deployment works- I'm pretty much in the dark on this issue. Its certainly a problem that needs to be addressed. Im not prepared to uninstall onecare, and reinstall it every time a new version appears - especially when im paying for the service. Thanks for your help.

Tim

Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:56 PM
  • Hang in there, Tim.

I have no new information yet.

-steve

Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:53 PM
  • I have the same question, however I have 2 computers and one was updated to V2 a couple of weeks ago but the other is still the 1.6.2111.3 version.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:14 PM
    I have the same question, however I have 2 computers and one was updated to V2 a couple of weeks ago but the other is still the 1.6.2111.3 version.

Are both on the same subscription LiveID?

Was the one that did not update installed much earlier? Was it an update from a previous version - 1.0, 1.1., or 1.5?

Had that PC ever experienced any problems requiring the use of the database reset tool?

Has it ever had problems with updates (signature and rule updates)?

-steve

Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:18 PM
  • Both are on the same subscription. The one that did not update was installed when One Care first came out (probably 1.0) and the other was installed about a year ago. Never had any problems period.

Thanks,

Don

Thursday, January 24, 2008 7:40 PM

Both are on the same subscription. The one that did not update was installed when One Care first came out (probably 1.0) and the other was installed about a year ago. Never had any problems period.

Thanks,

Don

In your case, Don, you may have a problem inherited from that early installation where it won't upgrade due to some internal settings being out of whack. I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling on that PC and then activating with your subscription LiveID.

-steve

Thursday, January 24, 2008 8:18 PM
  • Had trouble uninstalling, then used OneCare Cleanup, then reinstall went ok.

Thanks for the help.

Don

Friday, January 25, 2008 1:18 AM
  • Glad to read that it ended up okay, Don. You're welcome.

-steve

Friday, January 25, 2008 2:22 AM