MVPs here, someone may be gunning for you. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I found my way to another forum, then asked how to get some MVP attention when my first question went unacknowleged for 24 hours.  I said that my expectations for Forums was for prompt, useful replies, in a second thread.  I didn't mention your forum explicitly, but I guess they can find it themselves.

That got quick response.  I was told, rather snippily, that my introductory remarks were prolix.  I've heard that complaint before, so I guess I can live with that.  I was then asked if I really expected response on a weekend (Well, yes, this is a consumer product, isn't it?) and besides my original post contained both a suggestion and a question, breaking all the rules I should have known.  I'm working my way humbly through that maze.

You guys remain the gold standard for MVP service on a MS Forum.  If you are exceeding expectations I hope there no negative consequences.  'Thuse
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 8:19 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the kind words, Thuse. I don't get a chance to be here every day, but most of the time, one of us checks in at various times of the day every day. That isn't the case in all of the forums. In a perfect world, it isn't just the people already recognized as MVPs who respond to questions. Actually, this forum has quite a few people stepping in to help others, which is great.
    Good luck in the other forum!
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 1:10 AM