Quick Search Problem in View. RRS feed

• Question

• I have view on Account Entity.

But some field are coming from other Entity.

Ex.  1. Acoount Id(Account)

2. Account Name(Account)

3. primary Contact(contact)

So how to make primary contact as searchable through QuickSearch.

thanks

Regard

Sangram

microsoft blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:33 PM

Answers

• Primary Contact is still on the Account entity so you can add that as a searchable field.

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:55 PM
  • Hi,

The "search" in CRM could only be done on the fields of an entity. So if the related entity's field is on the entity, then you could search it. As a suggestion you could use reports for this purpose. Create the report on the desired entity and its related entity. Then if you place the column in the layout you could search among the related entity's field also.

My Weblog | My Website

Friday, September 6, 2013 11:35 AM

All replies

• Primary Contact is still on the Account entity so you can add that as a searchable field.

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:55 PM
  • You have to customize the Account Entity.

Open the Entity, go to Views, Quick search Accounts. Then click on Add find Columns and select primarycontactid.

Save and click on Publish all customization and voila!

Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:28 AM
  • It will work for own field of a entity. my issue  a field of another entity.

microsoft blog

Friday, September 6, 2013 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

The "search" in CRM could only be done on the fields of an entity. So if the related entity's field is on the entity, then you could search it. As a suggestion you could use reports for this purpose. Create the report on the desired entity and its related entity. Then if you place the column in the layout you could search among the related entity's field also.

My Weblog | My Website

Friday, September 6, 2013 11:35 AM