Issues with Connector when Second Intel Network Card installed RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to install a second network adapter in my Windows Home Server but when I do,  the Windows Home Server Colsole icon on my Windows 7 workstation is greyed out.  My Drive mappings still work and I can still Remote Desktop into the Server.  I have not tried moving the network cable from the on-board NIC to the second NIC.  I attempted to re-install the connector software with the new NIC installed but the install would not complete.  As soon as I took the second NIC out, the install of the connector software worked just fine. 

Details : WHS shows the intergrated NIC on my intel motherboard as an Intel(R) Pro / 1000 PL Network Connection and the Network card I bought is a Intel PWLA8391GT 10/100/1000Mbps PCI Network Adapter 1x RJ-45.   The purpose of the second nic is I plan on attaching a DroboPro unit to my WHS Server via iSCSI (one end of the cat5e cable plugs into the iSCSI interface on the Drobo and the other into the second NIC on the WHS Server.  

WHS_retail version
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:52 AM

All replies

• I believe WHS only supports a one NIC environment.  I attempted this many years ago and when it worked I would get horrible performance from WHS.  Removing the Add-In NIC or disabling the onboard was my only fix.
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 2:53 PM