Dynamics CRM 4.0 - Customer Loyalty Tracking RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

Can anyone perhaps help me with something? I have recently started working with CRM and my boss wants to know whether one is able to track the loyalty of your customers (with a points system perhaps).

What will be the best way to do this? I know that one can do it in the form of workflows, i.e. creating workflows to investigate what a customer has spent up to a certain point, but surely there must be something else one can do to track this.

Appreciate the help..

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 7:38 AM

Answers

•  

You can use the accountratingcode on the Account entity for posting 'customer loyalty'.  This is a picklist field so you can apply the values you want and change them via a workflow based on the criteria you use to identify Customer Loyalty.  If you don't like this field you can also create a custom field for use.

For example:

If the customer has been with you for 5 or more years and total orders = $ 3 M + then Account Rating is Gold

If the customer has been with you for 5 or more years and total orders = $ 5 M + then Account Rating is Platinum

If you are using Total amount of Orders as a criteria, you will most like need to create your workflow on the Order entity and then refer back to the Account as a related record.  You may also need to create a field on the Account form that displays how long the Account has been a customer.  You can then use this value in the workflow as needed.

CRM is a very flexible application.  There are many ways to accomplish what you want to do.  The above is an example of one way.  Please read through the SDK for other alternatives.  Here is a link to the SDK.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=82E632A7-FAF9-41E0-8EC1-A2662AAE9DFB&displaylang=en

Also, I am sure there are several of the developers in here that can give you some great customization ideas if you want to go down that path.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 3:16 PM

All replies

•  

You can use the accountratingcode on the Account entity for posting 'customer loyalty'.  This is a picklist field so you can apply the values you want and change them via a workflow based on the criteria you use to identify Customer Loyalty.  If you don't like this field you can also create a custom field for use.

For example:

If the customer has been with you for 5 or more years and total orders = $ 3 M + then Account Rating is Gold

If the customer has been with you for 5 or more years and total orders = $ 5 M + then Account Rating is Platinum

If you are using Total amount of Orders as a criteria, you will most like need to create your workflow on the Order entity and then refer back to the Account as a related record.  You may also need to create a field on the Account form that displays how long the Account has been a customer.  You can then use this value in the workflow as needed.

CRM is a very flexible application.  There are many ways to accomplish what you want to do.  The above is an example of one way.  Please read through the SDK for other alternatives.  Here is a link to the SDK.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=82E632A7-FAF9-41E0-8EC1-A2662AAE9DFB&displaylang=en

Also, I am sure there are several of the developers in here that can give you some great customization ideas if you want to go down that path.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 3:16 PM
  • Thanks Donna,

That's been very helpful, but I can't seem to find the "accountratingcode" you are referring to. Could you please direct me to it?

If I understand correctly, the function of keeping track of customer loyalty does not come standard, one will need to do some customization..?

Thanks again!

Regards

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 6:02 AM
  • Hi and you're welcome, I am glad it was helpful.

You can find the accountratingcode under Settings, Customization, Customize Entities, Account, Attributes.  The field will be listed in the attributes list.

I am not aware of any 'out-of-the-box' functionality for tracking a customer's loyalty as the criteria for defining loyalty varies from company to company.   CRM provides the flexibility to support each Company to track this information in whatever way they need. 

Best of Luck

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:21 PM
  • Thanks Donna!

Thursday, December 4, 2008 5:24 AM