Hi, My Question is this. Can I create an OS Copy RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My harddrive is getting AWFULLY FULL!! the problem is I want to make a backup of current files/updates But what throwx a wrench in the works is.The Computer was owned previously from one of my friends who bought a new HP Touchscreen system..anyway.

there a SO MANY duplicate files that it's pitifull!! -'

Now this is where the cow eats the cabbage. I would like to make a copy of my Windows 7 NVIDIA 2010 w/SP1 OS but dont have the installation cd.what exactly are my options?

Or can I use the Windows File Transfer Wizars and just transfer the currnt OS to a slave drive and just format the current HDD and start over?

So,I guess in short whats going to be the lesser of two evils?

Thank you in advance for you patients w/me!! thought I could ask in fewer words..

SINCERLY,

Robbie A.

Robbie A

Friday, March 30, 2012 6:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft forum. This forum is to Discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios. Please first check the FAQ before posting a question. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thank you,
    Bruce Adamczak

Bruce Adamczak Please click "Mark as Answered" if a post solves your problem Please click "Vote As Helpful" if you find the answer helpful

Monday, April 2, 2012 3:35 PM
  • I'd ask them here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7 

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Monday, April 2, 2012 3:49 PM