none
Unexpected Error when trying to Search In Dynamics GP Forum RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We continue to receive an "Unexpected Error" when trying to do a search in the Dynamics GP Forum.  All of my co-workers are experiencing the same issue and we have been for the past three days.  Is there something we need to update or change to prevent this from happening?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:39 PM

Answers

• fyi this was fixed a couple weeks ago. We fixed it, found a couple of minor issues, and fixed it again. it should be working now.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, April 15, 2011 5:21 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hello Jeff

I think this issue is not just for that forum, it's across others too.  I have the same issue on a number of forums, in fact everyone I try.

Will have to wait for MSFT on this.

Sukh

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 4:12 PM
  • We'll take a look at this. It certainly is broken currently.
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:46 AM
    Answerer
  • We made some changes on the back end, this should be working now. Sorry about that.
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:51 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Brent,

Thanks for the help.  Unfortunately when I tried this morning and when my co-workers have tried this morning, we are seeing the same issue:  Forums Search Results:  Unexpected Error.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jeff

Jeff

I do want to add that we are trying to complete the searches in the Dynamics GP Partner Forum.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:54 PM
  • Seems to be working for me.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/search/SearchPrivateForums?searchTerm=office&scopeType=PrivateForum&scopeData=partnerdynamicsgp&currentScopeType=Forum&currentScopeData=partnerdynamicsgp&page=1

Example above. Can you include the URLs that are producing the error? We may have a couple of boxes that are missconfigured or something.

• Marked as answer by jeffreyaw77 Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:43 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by jeffreyaw77 Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:41 PM
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 4:25 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Brent,

Yes, it is working for us again internally.  It started working again around mid-morning.  I apologize, I should have replied to the thread to let you know.  Hopefully it stays up for good now.  Thanks again for all your help!

Best regards,

Jeff

Jeff
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:45 PM
  • Hi Brent,

It is now 4:41 p.m. our time and we are all internally getting the error message again when trying to complete a search on the Dynamics GP Partner forum.

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeff
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:41 PM
  • I can't repro but we'll take another look, it could be the case that we have a bad box in rotation or something.
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:31 PM
    Answerer
  • fyi this was fixed a couple weeks ago. We fixed it, found a couple of minor issues, and fixed it again. it should be working now.
    Friday, April 15, 2011 5:21 AM
    Answerer