Live Mesh for Mobile? RRS feed

• Question

• Can we expect to see Live Mesh Mobile Support for Windows Mobile 6.5, or will we need to wait for 7.0? This is the single most important feature I have been waiting for since installing LIve Mesh in Sept 2008.
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Saturday, October 24, 2009 1:58 PM (From:Live Mesh)
    Friday, October 23, 2009 6:25 PM

Answers

• Live Mesh for Mobile works on 6.5 today, but not on the HTC devices - which, unfortunately, is what most of the 6.5 devices are. :-(
    I have no word on when to expect an update that will work on the HTC devices, but it will be forthcoming.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 1:59 AM

All replies

• Live Mesh for Mobile works on 6.5 today, but not on the HTC devices - which, unfortunately, is what most of the 6.5 devices are. :-(
    I have no word on when to expect an update that will work on the HTC devices, but it will be forthcoming.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 1:59 AM
  • Thasnk for the response.  I am very much looking looking forward to it.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:22 PM
  • You're welcome - so am I, as I'm seriously considering switching phones in the near future to one of the HTC 6.5 phones offered by AT&T. What's holding me back is the rumor that the HD2 will be coming to AT&T early next year - I'd prefer that to the two devices currently offered.
    -steve
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:56 PM
  • You're welcome - so am I, as I'm seriously considering switching phones in the near future to one of the HTC 6.5 phones offered by AT&T. What's holding me back is the rumor that the HD2 will be coming to AT&T early next year - I'd prefer that to the two devices currently offered.
    -steve

Probably best to wait then.  thanks.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:32 PM
  • LiveMesh runs on HTC HD2.  the moe.exe will crash from time to time, (just restart it) I have been running the mobile client and syncing my photos/movies folder with my mesh just fine for several weeks now.

oh and the HD2 is awesome. Simply stunning.
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 4:21 AM
  • @Gunzta : Can you pls provide me with the LiveMesh.cab file? I can't seem to find it anywhere. The official download link gives a 404 Error.
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:32 AM
  • @Gunzta : Can you pls provide me with the LiveMesh.cab file? I can't seem to find it anywhere. The official download link gives a 404 Error.
    If you have a Windows Mobile 6.x client, click on one of the following links ( US residents , UK residents ).  Sign in with your LiveID, and you’ll be redirected to the device ring where you’ll see a link to “Use Live Mesh for mobile devices.”  Alternately, once you’ve signed in this way, the mobile client should be available for download by pointing your phone’s browser to http://m.mesh.com .
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 1:39 PM