Office communicator SIP call fails when using edge server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

now that I've got OCS working and fall on another problem ...

When I place a call through OComm and I'm on my lan (or vpn) everything works fine.

When I place a call through OComm and I'm on Internet (using the edge server) the phone rings but when I answer it says "connecting call ..." for a few seconds than "call ended".

I used wireshark and saw that OComm tries to connect to the internal ip of the mediation server (wich can't work of course) did I miss some configuration to get this to go through the ssl session ?

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 8:06 AM

Answers

•  

Ok,

If the client and the ocs-interfaces are on the same subnet, it could be that the edge server saw the client and mediation server are on the same network -> send rtp directly to eachother. But that can't be the problem here.

You can take sip traces on the edge server with the ocslogger. Badly, it's logs only the SIP-headers, not the SIP body (with SDP-headers).

On the mediationserver, you can also take traces with the ocslogger, here is the sdp logged.

I haven't found yet, where I can see the sip-body on the client side (with TLS). Anyone else?

And the external interface of the edge server is these on a third subnet?

Maybe this helps a little bit to found out your problem.

Rgds,

Dieter

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 2:26 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Are the subnets of both internal networks in the same ranges?

Rgds,

Dieter

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 1:35 PM
  • The Callmanager, mediation server, ocs and edge (internal interface) are on the same subnet (10.10.0.0)

The client is on another subnet (192.168.0.0) and connected through an external ip of the edge server

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 1:44 PM
  •  

Ok,

If the client and the ocs-interfaces are on the same subnet, it could be that the edge server saw the client and mediation server are on the same network -> send rtp directly to eachother. But that can't be the problem here.

You can take sip traces on the edge server with the ocslogger. Badly, it's logs only the SIP-headers, not the SIP body (with SDP-headers).

On the mediationserver, you can also take traces with the ocslogger, here is the sdp logged.

I haven't found yet, where I can see the sip-body on the client side (with TLS). Anyone else?

And the external interface of the edge server is these on a third subnet?

Maybe this helps a little bit to found out your problem.

Rgds,

Dieter

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 2:26 PM
  • Hi Remi,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? Were you able to try some of Dieter's suggestions?

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:12 PM
  • Please let us know the status of your issue. Thanks.
    Friday, July 6, 2007 9:49 PM
  • Sorry, unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet byt i was on holliday ... I'm going back into it.
    Monday, July 9, 2007 1:40 PM
  • Hi Remi,

Have you had a chance to do any more testing? Can you let us know your status?

Monday, July 23, 2007 10:08 PM