MS MONEY + windows 10: error message: Microsoft Money has stopped RRS feed

• Question

• I did a few registry changes that were recommended and was at least able to open MS MOney Deluxe Sunset but in a few moments it crashes: Microsoft Money has stopped
    working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
    Windows will close the programand notify you if a solution is available.

MY QUESTION:

I have 64-bit windows 10: after going to the following
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    I have changed: Version REG_SZ to: 9.11.10240.1638 BUT
    above and below that entry are listed:
    "svcVersion  REG_SZ which reads: 11.0.10240.16384"
    and below reads:  "W2kVersion   REG_SZ which reas: 9.11.10240.16384"
    do you think I should also eliminate the last digit #4 on those entries too?

Sunday, August 16, 2015 2:52 PM

All replies

• Have you found a solution? I have the same problem. Have been searching for a solution for weeks without success.

Sunday, August 16, 2015 8:00 PM
  • No solution. Was hoping someone out there had some advice.

Sunday, August 16, 2015 11:21 PM
  • I was on HOLD in a chat room for Microsoft Support for 2 hours. When someone finally came in to ask my question, I was again waiting for another hour only to be disconnected by Microsoft Support.

Monday, August 17, 2015 12:05 AM
  • Microsoft stopped supporting the Money program 5 yeas ago.  They won't be much help even if you do reach them.

As for registry changes to allow Money to run on Windows 10, the most common reason for failure is user error.  It is very easy to change the wrong entry.  Look carefully at the posts on how to do this, make sure that you are changing the value that is appropriate to your system (32-bit and 64-bit changes are different), and change nothing else.

Moreover, if you have applied the Windows update of August 11th, the registry change should no longer be required.

For the crashing problem, if you are running Money Sunset you also need to replace your mnyob99.dll file with a patched version.  See the first "sticky" post in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/money-plus-bug-and-solution-mnyob99dll?forum=money

Bill Becker

Monday, August 17, 2015 1:14 PM