WHS 2011 Remote Access - Can I increase the Upload Limit to more than 2GB? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a workaround to this?

My brother is trying to upload a RAW video file to my server but the file size is almost 8GB.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 7:22 PM

All replies

• I was not aware there was a file size limit. There is a timout limit which if I recall correctly is either 20 or 30 minutes. Do a search on thei Forum (or the beta forum) where I posted a solution to that.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:35 PM
  • I have searched the internet and forums and there is an Upload Limit of 2GB for Remote Access.  Besides WHS tells you so when you try to upload file >2GB and that's how I learnt there was a limit.  I believe it has something to do with the IIS server that WHS uses.
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:48 PM
  • OK, you learn something new every day! The WHS upload page has the following: "Note: The total upload limit is 2 GB. "

If you do find a way of getting around the IIS limit you will also encounter the timeout limit on a file that size.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 9:46 PM
  • I believe the web service is already set to the maximum allowed size. In case it isn't, you can take a look at this KB article, but please understand that any such modification to the configuration of your server is unsupported and it's possible it will cause issues, which we will likely not be able to help you with.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:25 PM