Database Synchronization Provider over web and maybe Citrix RRS feed

• Question

• I want to sync a SQL2005 database with a Compact 3.5 database on a desktop. The desktop is in a remote location and the client connects with Citrix. On Citrix port 80 and 443 are open. I assume that MSF 2.0 uses port 1433. Is there a way to do this over the web?
    I couldn't find any examples of this.
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:34 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 5:47 PM

Answers

• To add, Sync is independent on which communication platform you use. As long as provider can use the platform to send /receive messages, sync will be supported.
    jandeepc
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 12:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,
      For Ntier, you will need messaging(RPC) solution  such as WCF to sync with your remote CE database. I am not familiar woth Citrix. However, I believe you can utilize nettcp binding with port 80 or 443  to host your WCF service and CE client can utilize it to synchronize. If you want to use Citrix Service API (if available) instead, then you would need to write your own Citrix based Service to sync.

Refer to Ntier sample for details
    http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=sync&ReleaseId=3423

thanks
    Jandeep
    jandeepc
    • Proposed as answer by Jandeep Friday, November 20, 2009 12:50 AM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 12:49 AM
  • To add, Sync is independent on which communication platform you use. As long as provider can use the platform to send /receive messages, sync will be supported.
    jandeepc
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 12:25 AM
  • Thanks for the link and information.
    Monday, November 23, 2009 3:28 PM