none
Please remove "Reported as Abusive" RRS feed

All replies

• Please.
    Serial Port      Random       Check Internet Connection      Microsoft® Community Contributor 2011
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 12:02 AM
  • I locked the thread. I'm not going to spend time reviewing it etc though, the vb moderators can do that if they want to.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Saturday, November 26, 2011 8:37 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks.
    Serial Port      Random       Check Internet Connection      Microsoft® Community Contributor 2011
    Saturday, November 26, 2011 8:59 PM
  • I locked the thread. I'm not going to spend time reviewing it etc though, the vb moderators can do that if they want to.

It doesn't look locked to me.

Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:02 PM
  •  I locked the thread. I'm not going to spend time reviewing it etc though, the vb moderators can do that if they want to.

It doesn't look locked to me.

Now it is.  Thanks again.  I'll leave this not answered until after Monday.

• Edited by dbasnett Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:05 PM
    Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:04 PM
  • Thanks for locking the thread and removing some of the reported as abusive.  Hopefully the edit I made to the first post in the referenced thread will help.

What is sad Andrew is that you don't see your own behavior.  Re-read the threads and see who the "juvenile delinquent" is that is "running around MSDN trying to start fights".  Anyone reading the referenced thread will see the truth.

Monday, November 28, 2011 1:44 PM
  • Anyone reading the referenced thread will see the truth.

Not necessarily so, basnett.  Let me show you how that sentence looks when it's accurate:

Anyone reading the referenced thread with half a clue what's actually being discussed will see the truth.  All anybody else can see is whatever whiney BS you want to tell them to see.

It never hurts to try. In a worst case scenario, you'll learn from it.

Is it possible for you to have a civil discussion and speak plainly?  Can you communicate without name calling and threats?

Your "accurate" sentence says that if someone reads the thread and agrees with me they are clueless,

and those that agree with you aren't clueless.

You seem worried that intelligent people might read the thread and have an opinion other than yours.  It is clear they will  face your ridicule, and abuse, if they disagree with you.  

I am not going to go back and forth with you here, but feel free to start a discussion thread that proves your point.  Code would be helpful.  Look forward to seeing it, assuming you can prove your point.

I'll give you credit for guts.  If someone complained about my behavior being abusive, I wouldn't go to that thread and abuse them. 

I'll not post here again.

Regards;

:D

• Edited by dbasnett Monday, November 28, 2011 9:59 PM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 9:35 PM
  • Please lock this.
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:56 PM
  • Please lock this.
    Friday, December 2, 2011 10:56 PM
  • Please lock this.

Not locking because Content Removed / Andrew Painter has deleted his posts and left the forums. Sorry I missed this thread. Would have liked to help.

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:56 PM
    Owner
  • Please lock this.

Not locking because Content Removed / Andrew Painter has deleted his posts and left the forums. Sorry I missed this thread. Would have liked to help.

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

So this makes my 3rd reply to Ed Price in this thread.  1st reply I deleted myself.  2nd reply appears to have been helpfully deleted by some forum moderator.

If I seem enraged it's because I am.  Over the last couple of weeks right before I quit, dbasnett kicked up 3 new threads (because each time the previous one was moderator locked for degenerating into a flamewar he'd just open a new one and keep up with the same old flamewar).  He also pursued me personally into threads that were started by completely unrelated posters and on completely unrelated topics, in order to post links to his brand new flamewar continuation (in fact when he started this thread, he did exactly the same thing - and by "dbasnett targeted me" I mean he inserted my name into his posts to be sure nobody else thought he was trying to pick a fight with them).  The only response any MSDN Mod chose to make to all this was to comment on me cussing dbasnett out in one of those threads - the issue of dbasnett himself poisoning the forum at large was completely ignored.

So what ended up happening was that I stated my intent to leave the Forum, then started deleting my posts across many threads, then was emailed to take a look at comments added to my last thread where both Renee Culver and Martin Xie stated it would be a shame to see me go.  So I quit deleting my content here.

Now that an MSFT has weighed in about how he'd like to help, I'd really like to know exactly what he thinks would have been a rational course of action for an MSFT to take in this particular issue.  If MSDN is going to be a Forum where any petty disagreement can result in a literal case of one user harassing another systematically and persistently (defined by US Federal law as stalking), then I not only want no part of MSDN but I also want no part of MSDN retroactively.

Content Removed

Friday, February 24, 2012 8:36 PM
  • Bump.  I expect a moderator response.  Deserve one, really.

Content Removed

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 10:22 AM
  • Let's take this offline. Email me via EdPrice at Microsoft. Then we'll dig into the root of this argument.

I'm sorry that it's been frustrating for both of you.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:43 AM
    Owner