Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Configuration Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• I have had users with the 'CRM client for outlook' installed and pointing to our Test database URL.  We have now rolled out our Production system.  Is it safest to uninstall the Outlook Client then re-install and re-configure it?  Or can I simply run the Configuration Wizard, point it to the Production URL and be confident that users (not offline access users) will have no remnants of the Outlook Client pointing to the Test system?

Thanks.

Monday, June 21, 2010 2:59 PM

Answers

• You should be able to use the Configuration Wizard to point to the Production server.  The remnants that might remain are any synced data between the Test and the user's Outlook like Contacts, Appointments, Tasks, etc.  Users will need to remove those items from the Outlook store.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, June 21, 2010 3:20 PM
    Monday, June 21, 2010 3:09 PM

All replies

• You should be able to use the Configuration Wizard to point to the Production server.  The remnants that might remain are any synced data between the Test and the user's Outlook like Contacts, Appointments, Tasks, etc.  Users will need to remove those items from the Outlook store.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, June 21, 2010 3:20 PM
    Monday, June 21, 2010 3:09 PM
  • Excellent. That is as I hoped.  I understand that I need to manually remove any Test system data previously synchronized into Outlook Contacts, Calendar, etc. folders.

Follow up question: For a user in that situation with Offline Access, is there a simple way to purge the Test system data previously synchronized and stored in the SQL database on the local hard drive?

Thanks for your answer.

Sandy

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 12:46 PM
  • I think if you reconfigure the Outlook Offline Client, it clears the local datastore.  Test it and see.  If not, then you'll need to uninstall and remove the sql folder.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:15 PM