Off line synchronization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am new to microsoft sync frame work,  i would like to know that if i want to creat widget for my clients,  so that clients can  down load these widgets and continue working off line after finishing working  or  when they come on line there data should be synchronised with the main data base server,  clients would have  windows XP or Vista or Windows 7 operating system, this widget would be  desk top application or WPF application, can any one let me know whether the sync frame work would work in this scenario if yeas how ? kindly provide me any example or URL link, thanks in advance,

regards,   

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 8:54 AM

All replies

• how do you intend to store the data on the widgets side? If the data store for your widget is not supported out-of-the-box by the existing providers, then you will have to build your own provider.
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 9:59 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, data on the widget side would be saved in files in xml format, and when the client will be on line the data would be read from the files in to data set and the data base would be updated from that data set. I think so it is possible as the sync frame work  has the support for ADO.NET. But i don't know how to do it  as i am new and haven't worked on sync framework.
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:51 AM
  • June can i use ADO.NET provider for this ?
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:03 AM
  • there is no out-of-the-box provider for XML and the existing ADO.NET providers works with either SQLCe, SQLExpress or SQLServer.  Providers takes care of change tracking, enumeration and application.

you can find sample providers and applications here: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/sync. I believe there is a sample for XML.

• Proposed as answer by JuneT Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:15 PM
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:16 AM
  • Thanks june
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:33 AM