CRM 2013 Import solution "An item with the same key has already been added" error While processing Account Form RRS feed

• Question

• We have 2 different servers for CRM 2013. While importing solution into one server by taking it from another server, I am getting an error "An item with the same key has already been added" while system importing Account Form entity.

If anyone have any idea about this, please let me know.

• Edited by Ravi MRC Wednesday, October 1, 2014 8:22 PM
    Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:26 PM

Answers

• Hello Ravi,

Please check all the custom fields on account entity - source and destination. See if the type of fields are same. Two other posts that I found about the same topic tells similar story.

http://nishantrana.me/2014/04/15/an-item-with-the-same-key-has-already-been-added-error-while-importing-solution-in-crm-2013/
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16734978/error-when-importing-an-unmanaged-solution

you can also enable tracing to get more information - May be easier and quicker to do this first and check the logs. It will show the exception including the entity and the field that cause this issue. Steps are outlined below.

http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/907490

Regards,

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by Ravi MRC Saturday, November 15, 2014 5:22 AM
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 12:09 AM
  • Thanks Jithesh. The issue was in schema name difference on one of the custom field. We have added that column in our source server and it was previously there in destination server. I am not sure how to update it, so I have updated "Physical Name" field in Attribute table from backend. I know its unsupported but that is the only way I figured out.

I still have question that why it took first character of prefix in capital letter in my destination server for "Schema Name" and not in my source server? "Name" and "Display Name" are same on both servers.

Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:18 PM
  • Hello,

is this a display name of field updated in unsupported way. There was another post this week where someone was not able to change the display name of "Name" field in CRM, 2011.

this was a bug in CRM 2011, I was able to replicate it in CRM 2011 and not in 4 or 2011.

I would suggest you rollback whatever unsupported change you made in CRM 2011 and then try to import solution. I can assure you that after import into 2013, you can change display name.

hth.

Jithesh

Thursday, October 2, 2014 9:02 PM

All replies

• please check the managed solutions. Of you are using any.

regards

Jithesh

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 8:00 PM
  • I have only one managed solution in source server and in that this account entity is not included. In destination server, there isn't any managed solution except ribbon workbench.

Just to give you overall idea what I am doing is, I am directly exporting unmanaged solution from source server(from customizations section under settings.) and importing it into destination server.

Can you please let me know what should be the reason of this error?

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 8:14 PM
  • I assume you are importing the default solution from your source system to target system. What is the versions of source and destination crm server? Are you using IE?

is the destination a brand new version without any customization?

regards,

Jithesh

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 8:58 PM
  • using deployment manager, you can create a new organisation without any data and customization. Please create one and try to import the solution from source system. This will help you exclude the possibility of any issue with your solution as well as your environment.

regards

Jithesh

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 9:02 PM
  • Hi Jithesh,

Actually source is our development environment where we have updated all our customizations.

We have prepared destination server by following way:

1) Installed CRM 2013 vanilla on this new destination server.

2) Created separate server and installed CRM 2011 vanilla into it. Replaced our CRM 4.0 database on this CRM 2011 server and ran import organization. So CRM 2011 is working on this separate server. I have removed all CRM 4.0 web service pointers from this and replaced it database to CRM 2013 server created on point# 1. Ran import organization on CRM 2013 server so now we have CRM 2013 server ready which is destination server.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 9:25 PM
  • hello Ravi,

are the source and destination server on same service pack/update roll-up? Solution import usually should show you the field that is triggering the error on entities. Please check if the source and destination got same data types?. Also was the plug-ins and custom workflow activity changed?.

regards

Jithesh

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 10:15 PM
  • Hi Jithesh,

Yes both servers have same URs installed. As I mentioned, I am getting error during import of Account Form. Do you have any idea about how to find whether source and destination both have same data types? I have plugins and workflows changed. 

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 11:25 PM
  • Hello Ravi,

Please check all the custom fields on account entity - source and destination. See if the type of fields are same. Two other posts that I found about the same topic tells similar story.

http://nishantrana.me/2014/04/15/an-item-with-the-same-key-has-already-been-added-error-while-importing-solution-in-crm-2013/
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16734978/error-when-importing-an-unmanaged-solution

you can also enable tracing to get more information - May be easier and quicker to do this first and check the logs. It will show the exception including the entity and the field that cause this issue. Steps are outlined below.

http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/907490

Regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, October 2, 2014 12:09 AM
  • Thanks Jithesh. The issue was in schema name difference on one of the custom field. We have added that column in our source server and it was previously there in destination server. I am not sure how to update it, so I have updated "Physical Name" field in Attribute table from backend. I know its unsupported but that is the only way I figured out.

I still have question that why it took first character of prefix in capital letter in my destination server for "Schema Name" and not in my source server? "Name" and "Display Name" are same on both servers.

Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:18 PM
  • Hello,

is this a display name of field updated in unsupported way. There was another post this week where someone was not able to change the display name of "Name" field in CRM, 2011.

this was a bug in CRM 2011, I was able to replicate it in CRM 2011 and not in 4 or 2011.

I would suggest you rollback whatever unsupported change you made in CRM 2011 and then try to import solution. I can assure you that after import into 2013, you can change display name.

hth.

Jithesh

Thursday, October 2, 2014 9:02 PM