WHS will not connect to internet RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, I have set up WHS localaly and my internal network works just fin. However, I can't connect to the internet. When I try to configue the router I pass all tests except "Verifying that your router is eccepting Web site connections" and Verifying that your router is accepting Remote Access Conections" My ISP is Att Uverse and I have a 2wire gateway and a linksys router. I am stumped! Someone please help me...

Monday, February 21, 2011 5:14 AM

All replies

• Depending on the settings of your modem and router it could be you first need to forward ports from your modem to external IP address of your router (generally identical to the gateway address (on client do ipconfig / all from command prompt to get gateway address) , then from the router to your WHS. If your modem or router is setup to run in bridge mode you only need to forward the ports in the device that is not setup in bridge mode. With this configuration you will probably need to setup port forwarding manually. Have a look at modem / router documentation to find out how to setup port forwarding. Ports you need to forward are 80, 443 and 4125.

Henk Panneman - http://www.homeserverweb.nl
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:19 PM