Change of Live ID RRS feed

• Question

• I used the "one time" opportunity to change the Live ID that I would like to use with Mesh.  However, when I try to use the new ID, I get sent to the Waiting List page.  I have not tried to use the orignal Live ID because I don't want to confuse things.  Is there a waiting period before this is activated?  Will I be notified? 
    Thanks,
    Walter B
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Walter,

You are correct: there is a waiting period while the new LiveID is processed.  Someone is actually taking care of this for you right now.  You should be able to use your new ID in about 30 minutes.

Ben.
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Walter,

You are correct: there is a waiting period while the new LiveID is processed.  Someone is actually taking care of this for you right now.  You should be able to use your new ID in about 30 minutes.

Ben.
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:32 AM
  • Thanks for the very quick reply, Ben.
    Walter B
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:34 AM
  • My pleasure, Walter. :)

Welcome to Live Mesh!

Ben.
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:37 AM
  • Well, still couldn't get in, so I installed it using the origina Live ID, and that worked fine.  Can I cancel the request to change the Live ID to a different one?
    Walter B
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 2:18 AM
  • Hi Walter,

I've been following up on this for you today.  From what I understand, your new Live ID has been provisioned for use with Live Mesh, but since you are up and running with your old Live ID you can just continue to use that one instead, if you wish.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 10:05 PM
  • Thanks, Ben, that's what I will do -- continue to use the original since I've already got it set up on 3 machines with a folder shared and synchronized.
    Walter B
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:23 PM