my key is blocked-purchased from a Microsoft reseller RRS feed

• Question

• <<<snipped for my protection>>>

• Edited by NMPeter Friday, March 25, 2016 1:31 PM you published PERSONAL: INFORMATION!
    Sunday, January 17, 2016 10:04 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, there is nothing Microsoft can do if you purchase a standalone product key from a dishonest vender.  Microsoft does not authorize any seller to sell standalone product keys for Windows 7 or Microsoft Visio. If the seller won't offer you a refund then contact your bank or credit card company and file a fraud complaint.

In the future, only purchase software from a proven, reliable seller, such as Newegg.com.  Example

Carey Frisch

Thursday, January 21, 2016 4:02 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, there is nothing Microsoft can do if you purchase a standalone product key from a dishonest vender.  Microsoft does not authorize any seller to sell standalone product keys for Windows 7 or Microsoft Visio. If the seller won't offer you a refund then contact your bank or credit card company and file a fraud complaint.

In the future, only purchase software from a proven, reliable seller, such as Newegg.com.  Example

Carey Frisch

Thursday, January 21, 2016 4:02 AM
  • i did not expect my complaint to Microsoft support to be used as a web article.

I've removed all the personal information about this issue.

shame on you

Friday, March 25, 2016 1:32 PM
  • These forums are not 'Microsoft support' - they are public peer-to-peer assistance forums. MS staff may (very) occasionally drop in to check things out, but generally have no input  unless you are a subscriber to one of the paid-for services.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Monday, March 28, 2016 6:55 AM