locked
When configuring homeserver.com domain, I get error 80000190. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Recently,

    I wanted to change my homeserver.com domain.  So I released the domain name.  I checked for the new name and it was available. I clicked to register it and no dice...

    I am on WHS V1,  all updates are applied, time synching to time.nist.gov, and I can still register and release domain names on my Windows Live account which is associated with a seperate email address.    So for example lets say I had apple.homeserver.com, released it then checked for orange.homeserver.com.  It said it was available and then I clicked OK to fnish and then I get the error message.

    I then go through the console again and look for apple.homeserver.com, it is available and I can re-register it with my email.  However, I still get the error message 80000190. 

    Also I am on a static IP address, business class internet, and I can access my homeserver remotely via IP address. So.. how do I get this straightened out?

    Thanks for the help!

    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:08 PM

All replies

  • Cert is 2048 bits as well.  Still pointing to my old address.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:17 PM
  • ... So.. how do I get this straightened out?

    You wait. There's a post over here which applies to all versions of Windows Home Server.

    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:50 PM
    Moderator
  • Microsoft seems to be having problems at its end at the moment (see other threads on similar subjects). You will probably just have to wait it out.

    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:50 PM
  • That is the answer I was looking for.  Tough to find these sometimes.  Thanks!  I started working on it last saturday, been down since then.  (well no hostname to use at least)

    Thanks!

    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:08 PM