Unable to access homeserver domain. RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed Windows Home Server 2011 on my computer, and everything visually seems to be working. My problem is that I cannot open the https://xxxxx.homeserver.com/ website. When setting up Remote Web Access I observe no problems, and it shows as "available". Trying to open the page, it tries to load for a time, before showing "cannot display the webpage". I tried accessing it on multiple computers with no luck, but accessing folders through the server works perfectly. I have tried to set up my router automatically and manually, with no luck. Any ideas how to fix this issue? I have looked at similar problems, which include testing for whether the correct protocols are connected to the router, and I cannot detect any issues like that.
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:40 PM

All replies

• Try from somewhere other than your home. Many routers have trouble with this type of connection.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:10 AM
  • I now tried to log on remotely on the network on my university. I could access the website, but got a new error message, that the directory could not be found. When I try to log on to the Launchpad, I also get the error message that my server is offline. Unsure of the cause of this as I cannot physically access the server, so it might have turned itself off, disconnected or gone into hibernate mode?

But seeing as I can access the website on my university network (which was the initial problem), what ways are there to fix the problem at home? Do I need to replace the router? And if so, where can I find out which routers actually work?

Edit: At home again I can confirm that there are no apparent issues with the server. I can again log on to the Launchpad, access folders directly and externally connect to the dasboard, and with the help of my sister I confirmed that the error message still occurs on the webside.

• Edited by Tori Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:47 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 8:10 AM