none
Vista Media Center Library Problems RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded my WHS from an EIDE to SATA system.  My old system was named "SERVER" and my new one "SERVER1".  I have about 7 PCs on the network and moved them all over to the new server (SERVER1).  On all but one of the PCs I was able to point Windows Media Center (WMC)/Windows Media Player (WMP) to the new server and everything works fine.  But I have one (Vista) PC that refuses to point to the new server and insists on looking for/to the old server ("SERVER") for the media files. 

I have tried on a number of occasions to add the new server to the libraries of both WMC and WMP but after I add the libraries both programs give me an error that the files can't be found because they're still looking for the files on the old server (which isn't avaible becasuse I've turned it off).  When I go back in to see that that the folders have been added, sometimes they are there but most times they are missing again.

I can navigate to SERVER1 and play the media files through the network (by double clicking on them) for this problem child PC, but I cannot get them to play through WMC or WMP.

Thoughts?

Thursday, November 25, 2010 5:44 PM