none
Icon not supported when the 930 is?? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• See, this is the problem with Microsoft. They don’t care about users. In the mobile game, they have always been trying to play catchup. Now for users like us who have invested hundreds of $$ on the Lumia Icon, we have been left to pasture. MSFT thinks that they just need to launch a top spec new device and that’s it. What about it’s users? I think Apple is the only company which gives a complete experience to its users and cares about them. This would have never happened at Apple. They would simply baulk at the idea of their own apps not being supported on flagship devices. Unless this changes at MSFT from the ground up, they wouldn’t be back in the game. Also, word of mouth counts. What would we tell our family & friends about buying a Microsoft device. 
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 3:07 PM
  • The problem is the carriers. Apple got into the market and AT&T basically fell over itself to do anything to get an iPhone exclusive. They gave up the keys to the kingdom and then when it worked and everyone bought an Iphone, all of the rest of the carriers had to do the same thing.

That means apple gets to release updates whenever it wants to whatever devices it wants and the networks have little say.

Microsoft doesn't have that power.  That's why Microsoft needs to buy one of the networks in the US, give away phones and create the best physical network going. Until they do (i.e. buy T-mobile yesterday and then get their rural coverage way up) and they're calling the shots all the way around, they're going to be in this position.

Anyhow, MS: Please fix this omission ASAP.

Thursday, May 14, 2015 3:20 PM
  • The problem is the carriers. Apple got into the market and AT&T basically fell over itself to do anything to get an iPhone exclusive. They gave up the keys to the kingdom and then when it worked and everyone bought an Iphone, all of the rest of the carriers had to do the same thing.

That means apple gets to release updates whenever it wants to whatever devices it wants and the networks have little say.

Microsoft doesn't have that power.  That's why Microsoft needs to buy one of the networks in the US, give away phones and create the best physical network going. Until they do (i.e. buy T-mobile yesterday and then get their rural coverage way up) and they're calling the shots all the way around, they're going to be in this position.

Anyhow, MS: Please fix this omission ASAP.

How is this (Hyperlapse) Verizon's fault? The Icon is running Denim. This is Microsoft's fault.
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 4:02 PM
  • I think this is probably just an oversight. But everything else you've mentioned and the slow rollout of versions (i.e. the 830 on AT&T is still not on Denim!) is the direct result of the carriers screwing around because they don't want phones up to date, they want to force users to buy new ones so that they can keep them locked in.

If anyone looked at it carefully they'll realized that buying an unlocked phone will save you a ton of money and you won't be beholden to these companies. If MS creates a universal phone with all frequencies like Apple does, we'll be rocking because we can switch any time we want (including Verizon!) and then I'll be free of the idiot carriers.

Thursday, May 14, 2015 4:05 PM
  • I agree, I see no reason why this would not run on my ICON.  This has to be an oversight.  PLEASE fix!

Chad Gronbach

Thursday, May 14, 2015 5:06 PM
  •   Without an official explanation, no one knows. I cannot imagine why there has been no explanation. If it was just an oversight, I believe there s a reasonable chance we would have seen a Tweet letting us know to hold tight. Instead we get silence.
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 11:59 PM
  • I too am wanting to know whats up. I have an Icon.

Friday, May 15, 2015 2:02 PM
  • This must be a mistake. Can we get an official response from the developers?

Friday, May 15, 2015 8:08 PM
  • Yes -- here's an official response: We do care about Windows Phone users very much.

Hyperlapse Mobile requires Windows Phone 8.1 in order to process video in real-time. Unfortunately the phones that shipped with 8.0 were not fully updated to 8.1. Specifically the GPU is capable of doing the work, but the GPU drivers were not updated. So while most of 8.1 functionality is available on the Icon (929) and 1020, the full Windows 8.1 graphics stack is not available. 

We are testing Lumia Icon with Denim update, and we'll post back here when we have an update.

Please keep up the enthusiasm -- we are listening. 

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 12:32 AM
  • Here's hoping that when MS takes over the deploys of versions on mobile this stuff doesn't happen anymore. I can't believe that Video drivers didn't get updated! That's just head slappingly stupid.  Microsoft this is the kind of thing that makes it so that you look unpolished compared to Apple and you need to fix this sloppiness.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2015 12:26 PM
  • The Icon (929) is listed now; download it from the phone store and give it a try!
    • Marked as answer by Howard Good Wednesday, June 3, 2015 6:44 PM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 6:41 PM
  • Woot!
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 6:45 PM