re-loading Money Plus Delexe on a new PC RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to re-load Money Plus Deluxe on a new Windows PC.  I am being prompted to register my software and after entering the correct Product Key (kept my CD), the registration fails.  looking at the MS-Money support notes, I see that you can reload the software TWICE.  I believe this is reload #3 for me.  any suggestions or input?  THANKS much.
    Monday, October 6, 2014 3:47 PM

All replies

• You will want to install Money Plus Deluxe Sunset onto the new computer. Download the installation file from the link in the second post on this forum.

So copy the *.mny and *.mbf files from the old computer into the Documents folder or other folder on the new computer. Note that you will want to change the backup filenames and paths to match what exists on the new computer.

Note that Microsoft Money Online Quotes from  Gaier Software can let you download quotes easily if portfolio tracking is important to you. Free trial, and one-time $10 after trial. PocketSense can download transactions and maybe end-of-day closing prices. hleOFXquotes also lets you download quotes. Those two are free.

• Proposed as answer by Yeffers Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:23 AM
    Monday, October 6, 2014 4:19 PM
  • The servers that validate the product key are no longer active, haven't been for 2+ years. Cal is correct in saying to download and install the Sunset Edition which no longer requires registration, nor does it receive support. But it works fine and you will be able to use your existing .mny files etc, just point the program to their location when you first open it.
    • Proposed as answer by Yeffers Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:23 AM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:23 AM