none
Forums misbehaving badly since 9 July update RRS feed

• Question

• I waited until I got a chance to try it out on a number of PCs at work, but I can now post that the MSDN forums are practically unusable here since the last update.

We run ie6.0 internally, with no prospect of changing that in the immediate future.

At the moment, posts are coming up with images (avatars, ratings etc) all over the place, including over the top of the text. Replying to threads is almost impossible as the reply box keeps moving off screen. Buttons are invisible, due to the labels appearing in another location. Basically a terrible experience!

Dylan.

Back of the net...
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Keep your IE6 so that you are compatible with all your other internal users, but add Firefox or Safari or Chrome and use that for the forums.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 6:42 AM
  • I reported this to the team. (IE 6 issues.)

STO Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:39 PM
  • We can't install any other browsers.

Unfortunately, we are in an amalgamation process, bringing together three organisations. Our existing project to upgrade IE was frozen until after Amalgamation is complete (which will probably be another couple of years at this rate!)

In the meantime, no other browsers are allowed.

If you want screenshots, or video of the poor experience, please let me know.

Dylan.

Back of the net...
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:34 PM
  • Thanks. Any information you can post (screenshots, etc...) will definitely be helpful.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 6:59 PM
  • I have a screencap of the user experience, but how do I get it to you?
    Back of the net...
    Friday, July 17, 2009 4:37 AM
  • Hi Dylan,

You can either:

1) Embed the images in your post. Take a look at this thread on how to do this.
    2) Send a message to the Forums Technical Support Team with your screenshots, mention that I've requested this :).

Thanks.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Friday, July 17, 2009 11:04 AM