none
MSDN forums alert notification is working slow

General discussion

• Hello,

Is MSDN forums alert notification is working slow?

I am experiencing some issue on email alert, As per my MSDN account setting I have checked the below option,

"Always alert me by default when I post"

It was working fine till Sunday i.e. December 6th, but from Monday i.e. December 7th I am facing delay in email notification when any user respond on the same thread that I subscribe. 

Is anyone experiencing same issue?

Thanks,

If my reply is helpful please mark as Answer or vote as Helpful.

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 1:05 PM

All replies

• Yes, you're not alone. Anywhere from a couple to several hours delay,

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 1:38 PM
  • So MSDN developers are working on it or anyone have notice this issue from Microsoft technical support team?

Thanks,

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 1:42 PM
  • One more update, If I'll go to my profile and select ACTIVITY then also my latest activity is not coming there.

Thanks,

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 1:45 PM
  • So MSDN developers are working on it or anyone have notice this issue from Microsoft technical support team?

Thanks,

You can also report this to fissues [at] Microsoft [dot] com

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 2:07 PM
  • One more update, If I'll go to my profile and select ACTIVITY then also my latest activity is not coming there.

I reported this to the forums team on Monday, but I haven't gotten a response back yet. The activity will eventually show up, but it's currently delayed by 4-24 hours.

I don't use the email alerting, but others have noticed this as well. I'm not sure if this has been directly reported to the forums team. You can do that by sending an email to fissues (at) microsoft [dot] com.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 2:12 PM
  • Profile activities are late getting updated by several hours (up to maybe 12) for several days now. Also, spam flagged as abusive is not getting deleted (and the accounts banned), which may be related. There have been hundreds of spam threads in the last few days.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 3:24 PM
  • It is not just late. When I reply to a thread, it will notify me for all past replies as well.

Activities not being updated, awards not showing up.

I have e-mailed fissues, with no response.

Christmas spirit all year long Please remember to vote on useful replies. Mark answers. Help to answer questions of others while you are visting the forums. Thank you.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 9:39 PM
  • It is not just late. When I reply to a thread, it will notify me for all past replies as well.

Activities not being updated, awards not showing up.

I have e-mailed fissues, with no response.

Christmas spirit all year long Please remember to vote on useful replies. Mark answers. Help to answer questions of others while you are visting the forums. Thank you.

Yes correct. I have faced same issue. When I respond to new thread then after 4 to 6h received notification of thread with original questions.. really it's weird. I sent a mail to fissues (at) microsoft [dot] com but still didn't received any update.

Thanks,

Thursday, December 10, 2015 2:36 AM
  • Still having same issue. And Today experiencing another issue, When I replied to any thread then generally it comes on top with my latest reply on MSDN forum, but it is not happening today. I replied to one thread and it shows alert icon but not coming on top thread and also my reply is not showing as Last reply.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Thanks,

Friday, December 11, 2015 3:11 PM
  • The thread lists are frozen as of about 7 hours ago. I just sent in an email to fissues to notify them, but we'll see...

The RSS feeds are still working normally, so you can keep up using that method for the time being.

Friday, December 11, 2015 3:13 PM