none
Developer account -- can I see what email is associated with a display name? RRS feed

• Question

• I use a display name I'm fairly sure is unique (NorseBoar) -- I've never found a site where it's in use. However, when I tried to set it as my display name, I was told it was in use by another account. My guess is I registered some time ago under a different email and have effectively shut myself out of the name now. Is there any way I can see what email that display name is associated with? If it's not one of mine I'll let it go, but since I use the name for all my other app publishing I would like to hold on to it.
    • Moved by Mike Kinsman Monday, August 26, 2013 2:56 PM profile question
    Sunday, August 25, 2013 12:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• The display name is a part of the MSDN Profile, so I'm going to move this post to the MSDN Profile forum.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Monday, August 26, 2013 2:56 PM
  • All we can see is that the Live ID NorseBoar was created March 26, 2012, and has not activity of any kind. Since this involves your Live ID, perhaps best to seek assistance here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/id-support

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:23 PM
  • I've been told that the account was deleted since it had no activity for 365 days. When will the display name that was associated with the account be free again?
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:24 AM
  • Maybe never. Deleted in this case probably really means made invisible. If the account was deleted then any posts would become orphaned. If you think it might really be your account I'd make a case here.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=294734

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, September 1, 2013 3:11 PM