Cannot send ctrl alt delete; Mesh bar missing buttons RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not getting a "Send ctrl + alt + delete" button/link in my mesh bar when I'm trying to connect to a computer with secure logon enabled. All I get are tips and "Show desktop as actual size". Do I have to do something to enable this? I'm running Windows XP, SP2. 
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 11:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Vaskal,

If you have not done so already, please send us your Live Mesh log files and a bug report so that we can look into this for you.  Instructions are at the top of the forums.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Vaskal,

If you have not done so already, please send us your Live Mesh log files and a bug report so that we can look into this for you.  Instructions are at the top of the forums.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:04 PM
  •  Hi Vaskal,

I have the exact same problem. Even the 0.9.2815.17 update did not fix this issue.
    Please post back if you have additional information.

Friday, June 20, 2008 1:29 PM
  • I am having the same issue. I am using a 32bit Vista machine with Live Mesh installed and trying to connect to a 32bit Windows XP machine in my Mesh circle.

The only button I get on the Live Mesh bar under "Interact with desktop" is "Show desktop as actual size"

Please help!
    Neel Joshi
    Saturday, October 18, 2008 1:07 PM
  • Hello,

Are any of you using IE8 where you have missing buttons? If I use IE8 I have missing buttons too. But only with IE8.
    Monday, October 20, 2008 12:55 PM
  • Hi Delmont,

I am using IE7.

Neel
    Neel Joshi
    Monday, October 20, 2008 1:28 PM
  • Hi,

To those of you currently experiencing this problem: If you wouldn't mind, please collect the Live Mesh logs (Start Menu > All Programs > Live Mesh > Collect Live Mesh Logs, which will generate a .cab file on your desktop) from both the client and host computers (i.e., the computer you're connecting from, and the one you're connecting to), and send them to lmprev@microsoft.com, describing the issue you're having.  Once we have the logs, we'll be better able to determine the cause(s) of the problem (Bob, it seems like IE 8 and Live Mesh just really aren't getting along for you ;) , but Neel's report seems to indicate that it's not an IE 8 problem - assuming, that is, that the cause is the same in both of your cases; that's one thing that having logs will help us to determine).

Thank you for helping us out, testing Live Mesh.

Ben.
    Monday, October 20, 2008 4:42 PM