none
Cannot see computer icon under Network in file explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Allow me to preface by saying that after posting to the Microsoft Community I was told by Arul_D, a Microsoft Engineer, to post my question to TechNet. Not sure if this is the right place. Please help.

I work from home and have two HP TouchSmart320 PCs on Windows 10 Home.  Computer 2 does not show computer 1 when viewing it on the network in file explorer.  If I type in \\(computer 1 name) and hit enter I have access to that computer and all the files. Yet even after going back levels and out of the network screen, BSESI1 appears on the left under network but not on the main screen.

(had 2 screen shot images inserted)

I encountered the issue of computer 1 not appearing when trying to create a local back for my QuickBooks company file from computer 2 because I have an external hard drive attached to computer 1.

(had screen shot image inserted)

Again, I can access from computer 2 all file locations including the external hard drive on computer 1. I just can't get it to appear in the dialog box when backing up QuickBooks or trying to view computer 1 within file explorer from computer 2.

Monday, February 22, 2016 10:51 PM

Answers