none
New Forum page view RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

since 2-3 days the view of the forum page has changed again which i see as a disadvantage at least for the selection of the pages. Now we are only able to scroll to the end to choose a page to connect to.

Before the change there was also the option to choose the pages on the top of the web page, which was from my point of view the better option. I often browse between the pages and now i must always scroll down which is not really optimal.

Any plans to bring back a page selection on the top?

Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 11:46 AM

Answers

• Sorry about the late reply. Yes, we moved paging to the below, if it's really important we can stick it back up on top too. Sounds like it is, I'll log a task for this, run it through the stack rank of other issues, thanks for the feedback.

Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by Meinolf Weber Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:24 PM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:33 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• +1

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 2:48 PM
  • +1
    Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Answers and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 2:51 PM
  • Hello,

no statement from Microsoft until now???

Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Monday, May 16, 2011 5:55 PM
  • Hello,

Update 18.05.2011: Really surprised about no official answer!!!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:43 PM
  • Sorry about the late reply. Yes, we moved paging to the below, if it's really important we can stick it back up on top too. Sounds like it is, I'll log a task for this, run it through the stack rank of other issues, thanks for the feedback.

Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by Meinolf Weber Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:24 PM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:33 AM
    Answerer
  • At least showing on top the current page would be helpful.
    Hannes

If you have got questions about this, just ask.

In a perfect world,
    users would never enter data in the wrong form,
    files they choose to open would always exist
    and code would never have bugs.

C# to VB.NET: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:47 AM
  • Hello,

any news about the change?

Friday, June 10, 2011 7:24 AM
  • Hello,

thanks for bringing back the option to choose another page on top of the web page. Much appreciated :-)

Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:24 PM