Technet Virtual Lab: Implementing Claims-Aware Applications not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Has anyone attempted the ADFS lab on https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/virtuallabs/bb467605.aspx ?

First problem: the "Contoso Computer (Custom SSN)" certificate template is missing

Second problem: we created the managed service account for ADFS. but then when installing ADFS, ADFS wants us to type in a username and password...which we cant as the managed service account password is system managed

Therefore the lab cannot be completed.

If anyone from the Virtual Lab team is monitoring these forums, please could you fix it, or point us in another direction to work through ADFS setup and configuration.

Thank you,

SK

Friday, July 3, 2015 4:14 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi SK,

First of all I would like to confirm if this is the Lab you are talking about.

Windows Server 2012 R2: Implementing Claims-Aware Applications

Have you tried starting a fresh session as sometimes there could be issue with the VMs provisioning.

I have completed the lab without any issues by following the guide provided.

If you face the same issue on yet another session, please point out specifically the section of the guide where you are stuck or getting the issue.

*Contoso Computer (Custom SSN) enrollment completed for me without issue - Make sure you are logged on Server2

*I can't see any portion on the guide which asks me to type the managed service account password.

Install and configure the AD FS server
    7. On the Specify Service Account page, in Account Name, type FsGmsa, and then click Next.

Regards,

Satyajit

Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Friday, July 3, 2015 10:54 AM
  • Yes, that is the correct ADFS lab: Windows Server 2012 R2: Implementing Claims-Aware Applications

I have restarted the lab 3 times now and every time I get the following errors, as described in my first post.

1: there are no certificate templates available - ADCS is running on the DC
    2: the ADFS wizard needs the service account password and does not continue

Monday, July 6, 2015 4:26 AM
  • Hi SK,

Appears that you are been provisioned with the same VMs everytime. Try with some other Live ID, to check if you get a working one as I did.

These labs seem to be maintained by some 3rd party as below, try contacting them.

Lab created by HynesITe, Inc. For questions or comments, send an emailmessage tosupport@hynesite.biz

Contact Us - Microsoft Additional contacts

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/cc512759.aspx

TechNet Web Site Support and Feedback

Regards,

Satyajit

Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Monday, July 6, 2015 5:39 AM
  • Reloaded the VMs as another user, but the lab still does not work.

Will email the original creators of this lab.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 10:12 PM