off topic: Vundo spyware! please help! RRS feed

• Question

• hey guys am ragav from india...until day before my comp was performing well. suddenly yesterday when i logged on to XP i got a message in a dialogue box saying "Warning! Potential Spyware Operation! Your computer is making unauthorised copies of your system and internet files. Run full scan now to prevent unauthorised access to your files! click here to download spyware remover ... YES/NO".
    i knew there was sumtin wrong so clicked no. then i found this weird rectangle on my ssytem tray telling me "your computer is infected". i jus wanted to know wat it was and when clicked on it the internet explorer page went to WinAntispyware page. immediately i closed it and searched google and searched for it and understood that this is a spyware called VUNDO.
    i searched a few forums and tried the Vundofix and Vundobegone programs but in vain. they scan my comp but say nothing is found. i downloaded windows defender and scanned the comp too but of no avail.

other info/changes on my comp:
    1. my internet explorer's home page has been changed to google.com automatically and when i click on internet properties i get a message saying "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions placed on this computer. please contact the system administrator".
    2. when i try to access control panel it says the same "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions placed on this computer. please contact the system administrator".

please someone help me!

Saturday, August 18, 2007 3:15 AM

Answers

All replies